New version available: OBS Studio 0.16.3
Windows Hotfix Changes:
- Added a workaround for a graphics driver issue occurring on Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) that would cause the program to appear to freeze and stop streaming/recording.
- With this workaround, when the issue occurs, the D3D11 graphics subsystem now fully releases and then rebuilds all Direct3D references (basically restarts the graphics subsystem and reloads all data) to allow the program to continue working rather than freeze/crash.
- Note that when it occurs while streaming or recording, a few frames may display as green in the encoded output.
- Added support for capturing DirectX 12 games with game capture.
- Added an output timer tool to the tools menu which allows you to schedule the stream or recording to stop after a specific amount of time.
- Added support for dropping text files on to OBS to create a text source.
- Added a splitter to the properties window so you can now adjust the bottom/top panes.
- Updated AMD AMF encoder to latest version. The options have been modified to improve ease of use.
- Improved UI appearance on high-DPI displays.