OBS Studio (also known as Open Broadcaster Software) is a free and open source live streaming and video recording software.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Record your game, screen, webcam or any other source
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc.)
…and many other features. For free. At all. 😉
OBS Studio developed with cross-platform support. Official releases are currently available for Windows, Mac and Ubuntu Linux. There are also some unofficial releases for Arch Linux, OpenSUSE and Gentoo. And of course, since source code is open, you can build it for your OS.
While OBS Studio is a free and open source, you can suggest your code to the official repository. Here are some guidelines for contributors.
It also has a powerful API, enabling plugin development to provide further customization and functionality specific to your needs.