On this page, you can download OBS Studio (also known as Open Broadcaster Software Studio).
It’s free open-source and multiplatform software for video recording and live streaming.
Download OBS Studio for Windows
|OBS Studio x64 installer
For 64-bit OS.
|116.92 MB||02.10.2022 00:27 UTC|
|OBS Studio x64 zip
For 64-bit OS. Portable.
|140.18 MB||02.10.2022 00:27 UTC|
|OBS Studio x86 installer
For 32-bit OS.
|101.92 MB||30.03.2022 03:04 UTC|
|OBS Studio x86 zip
For 32-bit OS. Portable.
|117.91 MB||30.03.2022 03:04 UTC|
Supported Windows Versions (32 bit and 64 bit):
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 and 8.1
Download OBS Studio for mac OS X
|OBS Studio installer for mac OS X||155.95 MB||02.10.2022 00:26 UTC|
Download OBS Studio for Linux
Any installation directions marked Unofficial are not maintained by the OBS Studio author and may not be up to date or stable.
NOTE: OpenGL 3.2 or later is required to use OBS Studio on Linux. You can check what version of OpenGL is supported by your system by typing the following into the terminal:
glxinfo | grep "OpenGL"
- FFmpeg is required. If you do not have the FFmpeg installed (if you’re not sure, then you probably don’t have it), you can get it with the following commands:
For Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, FFmpeg is not officially included so you will need a specific PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kirillshkrogalev/ffmpeg-next sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
For Ubuntu 15.04 and following versions, FFmpeg is officially included, so you don’t need add PPA and you can install it with this command:
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
- xserver-xorg version 1.18.4 or newer is recommended to avoid potential performance issues with certain features in OBS, such as the fullscreen projector.
You can install OBS Studio on Ubuntu Linux with the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install obs-studio
Arch Linux (Unofficial)
“Release” version is available on community repository:
sudo pacman -S obs-studio
Manjaro Installation (Unofficial)
- Graphical: search “obs-studio” on Pamac Manager or Octopi
- Command-line: install it via pacman with the following command:
sudo pacman -S obs-studio
Fedora Installation (Unofficial)
- OBS Studio is included in RPM Fusion. If you do not have it configured (if you’re not sure, then you probably don’t have it), you can do so with the following command:
sudo dnf install https://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm https://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
- Then you can install OBS with the following command (this pulls all dependencies, including NVENC-enabled ffmpeg):
sudo dnf install obs-studio
- For NVIDIA Hardware accelerated encoding make sure you have CUDA installed (in case of an older card, install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-340xx-cuda instead):
sudo dnf install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-cuda
- The Packman repository contains the obs-studio package since it requires the fuller version of FFmpeg which is in Packman for legal reasons. If you do not already have the Packman repository add it as shown below.
For openSUSE Tumbleweed:
sudo zypper ar --refresh --priority 90 http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Tumbleweed packman
For openSUSE Leap 42.3:
sudo zypper ar --refresh http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.3 packman
For openSUSE Leap 42.2:
sudo zypper ar --refresh http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.2 packman
For openSUSE Leap 42.1:
sudo zypper ar --refresh http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.1 packman
For openSUSE 13.2:
sudo zypper ar --refresh http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_13.2 packman
It is recommended to set the priority for Packman lower so it takes precedence over base repositories (skip on Tumbleweed as included in initial command).
sudo zypper mr --priority 90 packman
- The Packman version of FFmpeg should be used for full codec support.
To ensure any existing FFmpeg packages are switched to Packman versions execute the following before installing obs-studio.
sudo zypper dup --repo packman
- Install the obs-studio package.
sudo zypper in obs-studio
NixOS Installation (Unofficial)
nix-env -i obs-studio
Download source code
Source code of OBS Studio 28.0.3:
The latest source code of OBS Studio (master branch):