How to stream on Twitch with OBS Studio
In this tutorial we’ll show you how to use OBS with twitch.
First of all, you need to download OBS and install it. Then, follow instructions below.
Best OBS settings for Twitch TV
In first step you should get twitch stream key for OBS. You can find it in your Twitch dashboard (tab Stream Key).
- In OBS Studio go to “File” → “Settings” → “Stream” and set “Stream Type” to “Streaming Services”
- Choose “Service” → “Twitch”
- Choose “Server” which is closest to your location
- Enter “Stream key” which you’ve got in your dashboard on Twitch.TV
In second step you should configure OBS Studio for the best quality and performance. Twitch developers are recommend those settings:
- Rate Control: CBR
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 (that means you need to use resolutions such as 1920×1080, 1280×720, etc.)
- Video bitrate (kb/s):
- 1080p: 3000-3500
- 720p: 1800-2500
- 480p: 900-1200
- 360p: 600-800
- 240p: Up to 500
- Keyframe interval: 2
- Audio: AAC with a bitrate 64-128 kb/s
Also it is worth mentioning some advanced settings. You can use different encoders and presets.
For more information on this and for further instructions about scene setup you can read an article: how to setup OBS Studio for streaming.
If this guide was useful, don’t forget save a bookmark and share it in social networks.